Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lincoln vs Reagan Day Dinners

If you would have asked me 6 months ago what a Lincoln Day Dinner was I would have been clueless. Now I find myself not only going to one tomorrow night but also planning one for our county in the near future. Apparently these have been going on for years as a way for Republicans to raise money for their local committees. I am assuming that the reason that they were called Lincoln Day Dinners is because Abe Lincoln was a Republican but the more I learn about him I really like calling them Reagan Day Dinners instead.

You can go to http://www.argop.org/ and see a list of the Dinners that are already planned all around the State of Arkansas. We will be traveling to Union County tomorrow night to attend theirs. Richard Caster will be the main speaker. Richard is the youngest elected official in the state of Arkansas. At age 19 he won the JP seat in his district. I heard Richard speak at the State GOP Convention back in fall and he was very impressive. I see great things ahead of this young man.

Beth Anne Rankin will be the Mistress of Ceremonies. There is a concerted effort from a lot of people in the fourth district to keep Beth Anne out in the spotlight. She ran a heck of a race this past year against incumbent Mike Ross and with a little more money and time it is my belief that she could have beat him. If you get a chance drop Beth Anne a note and tell her to gear up for 2012. We need her!

Now my challenge to you is find a Lincoln/Reagan Day Dinner in your area and make preperations to attend. Your local committees need all the financial support they can get if we are going to turn the rest of Arkansas red.

1 comment:

Florida Car Insurance said...

This is a fantastic idea and I will search South Florida for one of these Dinners. Lincoln and Reagan are two great Presidents.